Ascend Performance Materials Announces Availability of New Specialty Amines
August 23, 2016
Ascend Performance Materials is expanding its FlexaTram™ product line of amine-based specialty chemicals and is bringing to market new formulated products to serve customers in the oil and gas, asphalt and coatings industries.
The new specialty chemical products include the following:
- FlexaTram-DAM-120 – a formulated amine mixture for use in drilling, stimulation, production and other applications within the oil and gas industry;
- FlexaTram-DAM-200 – a formulated mixture with high cycloaliphatic amine content for use in composites, epoxy floor coatings and sour gas applications in the energy industry; and
- FlexaTram-DAM-700 – a formulated amine mixture with high hexamethylene diamine content for use in adhesives, emulsifiers and upstream oil and gas applications.
- FlexaTram-BHM-120 – a formulated amine mixture offering enhanced performance for the asphalt industry;
- FlexaTram-BHM-150 – formulated amines for use in oil and gas applications;
- FlexaTram-BHM-220 – a liquid formulated amine mixture;
- FlexaTram-BHM-300 – a unique multifunctional liquid amine mixture for oil and gas applications that offers a low odor profile; and
- FlexaTram-BHM-400 – a multifunctional amine formulation with high purity.
“These new products are tailored to specific end-uses and offer enhanced functionality to our customers,” said Maria Field, Ascend’s specialty chemicals product manager. “Our long-term strategy is to expand our specialty chemical portfolio to better address the needs of our customers.”
Ascend Performance Materials produces acids, amines, esters and intermediates used in a variety of end applications. Ascend’s integrated manufacturing processes allow the company to produce a wide range of specialty chemicals, which are used in hundreds of brand-name adhesives, coatings, cleansers and detergents.